About Mirror of My Self

Self is God. Self is Guru. Self is Everything.

This blessed mirror reflects nothing but the Self of my Beloved Brother, my Highest Gurudeva and my Spiritual Father. Whatever you see, read and experience in this blog are only from Him, through me, for you, my dear visitor.

This slave is taking immense pleasure in welcoming you to experience my Self in all its glories!

Shree Rama Jayam.



Monday, June 13, 2011

Fruit Show in the Blue Mountains

Many things in our life, we witness, goes unquestioned. One such thing, I guess, is the Fruit Show. In my home town, Coonoor that is, Fruit Show is a major happening that attracts a lot of crowd. Both the tourists and the local people gather and celebrate this event, which takes place every year in the Summer.

As I enjoyed a sunday, three weeks back, with my beloved sister, Theinmozhi, and relatives, a question was popping inside my head. And, now am venting it here! In the country, where half the population is malnourished and a other half starve for a single meal a day, is it necessary to make a show out of fruits? Before you attempt to answer my question, just imagine how a person who is starving to death in hunger if happens to witness this show would feel?

As always, am sharing it late. But what's there? The fruits are fresh as ever! While you savour the show, do ponder my question, and share your thoughts.


Need to mention about a police officer who kept pestering us to move faster, and spoiled the mood of arresting the moments for posterity. The photographs were taken by my sister before that officer, who hardly knows the meaning of exhibition, barged in.

....had a bubbly time, though....
A Bouquet to all my beloved blogger friends.
(Courtesy: My Chittappa)

8 comments:

venus66 said...

Nice exhibition. Very creative but what a waste. It would have been better if the fruits are shared with those who are in need.
Thank you for the beautiful flowers.
Hope you doing good. Take care.

Manivannan Sadasivam said...

Thank U for sharing the same thought akka. Am glad to hear from u :-)

Also, thanks for your warm regards. Am doing good, and I hope the same with u.

U too, take care!

Shree Rama Jayam

Thomas C B Chua said...

Unique. Creative. Expressive. Tks for sharing

In Love With Krishna said...

Colorful and creative :)

Manivannan Sadasivam said...

#Thomas C B Chua

Thank u for your cheerful comment.
And welcome to my virtual temple :-)

Like to see u again!

Shree Rama Jayam.

Manivannan Sadasivam said...

@ In Love With Krishna

Nice to have ur comments after a long time :-)

Thanks :-)

Shree RaMa JaYaM!

Whirlwind said...

I agree Mani! In fact I used to see a lot of vegetable and fruit carvings in wedding receptions as a display. Why waste so much when as you rightly said more than half the nation is suffering from malnutrition.

Manivannan Sadasivam said...

@ Whirlwind

Even in marriages?! That's NEWS to me Swetha akka :-)
But wat an utter waste.....Wish such things will change in future!

Thanks a lot for adding value to the post with your comments akka :-)

Have a great time ahead!

ShRee RaMa JaYaM :-)