About Mirror of My Self

Self is God. Self is Guru. Self is Everything.

This blessed mirror reflects nothing but the Self of my Beloved Brother, my Highest Gurudeva and my Spiritual Father. Whatever you see, read and experience in this blog are only from Him, through me, for you, my dear visitor.

This slave is taking immense pleasure in welcoming you to experience my Self in all its glories!

Shree Rama Jayam.



Sunday, November 14, 2010

The song my heart hums...

"Thudiporkal Nenjil Nindradrum Kanaa..
Mathiporkal Kannil Mannaadhi Manna..."

(In the hearts of those who praise, He resides and dances
Through the eyes of those who love, He is the King of the Kings)

One day, by changing the lyrics of Illaiyaraaja's evergreen melody, "Kalyaana Maalai Kondadum Pennae.." from the film Pudhu Pudhu Arthangal, my brother sang those lines, praising our beloved Krishna. I think, that's His first song on Krishna composed to a cine tune. And, when He completed singing, I loved it to the core. Soon, the original lyrics of the song faded away, and my brother's lyrics alone echoed in my mind whenever I listened to that song. You can listen the song here.

Then, I was in Chennai for internship. My brother said how He would think of Krishna by singing many of our favourite Illaiyaraaja's songs, and sang a few. He even explained the lyrics saying how they help us connect with God. From then onwards, many of Raja's classic —love, solo, duet, pathos—songs were transformed into soulful devotionals, for us—the two spiritual aspirants.

Those days, mostly in the night, while returning to our room from Parthasarathy Temple or elsewhere, we used to sing our favourite songs, thinking of Krishna. Sweet memorable times they were!

Last week, while in Thirupathi, a beautiful song(of course, Raja's!) came to my mind out of nowhere. I hadn't heard it in a long time. But somehow my mind remembered the song, and I was deeply moved. When I concsiously recalled the lyrics, my heart, unconsciously, directed the song towards my dear Brother, my very own Gurudeva.

A tear drop popped out of my eye as the lines echoed my deepest longing...wish....and prayer. It's a soulful song from the movie Ejaman. A part of its lyrics is what my heart hums...

"Oru Naalum Unnai Maravaadha
Vilagaada Nillai Vendum...
Uravaalum Udal Uyiraalum
Vilagada Nilai Vendum...
Vilizhi Oodu Emai Polae
Vilagada Nilai Vendum...
Ennai Aallum Ejamaane...
Ennai Aallum Ejamaane...


Suttu Viral Nee Aatu...
Sonapadi Aaduven...
Un Adimei Naan Endru
Kai Elzuthu Poduven..."

For me, the song ends there! I have translated into English.

Need a sweet boon that...
Not for a day should I be separated from you!
Need a sweet boon that...
Through kin, body and soul should never be separated from you..
Like the lids of the eyes, an inseparable state I need...
O the ruler of my heart! O the ruler of my heart!

And the part, I pray the most, comes here....

Just shake your pointer-finger,
I will dance to it, accordingly...
Will sign a treaty saying that
I'm your slave...

Like an old tape-recorder, my heart keeps repeating the same lines, often.

Just shake your pointer-finger,
I will dance to it, accordingly...
Will sign a treaty saying that
I'm your slave...

My Beloved Gurudeva, do you hear them?

5 comments:

lakshmi said...

that is a beautiful dedication Mani.
Best wishes to you both

venus66 said...

Simply beautiful.
Regards.

Manivannan Sadasivam said...

#lakshmi
Nice to have u here after a long time akka. Hope ur doing good. And thanks a lot for ur wishes :-)

#venus66

Thank u dear sister :-)

Shree Rama Jayam!

In Love With Krishna said...

Wow! That's amazing. In my case, that song IS always dedicated to Him, ever since i heard it the first time. :)

Manivannan Sadasivam said...

#In Love With Krishna

***In my case, that song IS always dedicated to Him, ever since i heard it the first time. :)

Now, that's what amazes me, my friend :-) You're truly blessed!

Shri Rama Jayam