About Mirror of My Self

Self is God. Self is Guru. Self is Everything.

This blessed mirror reflects nothing but the Self of my Beloved Brother, my Highest Gurudeva and my Spiritual Father. Whatever you see, read and experience in this blog are only from Him, through me, for you, my dear visitor.

This slave is taking immense pleasure in welcoming you to experience my Self in all its glories!

Shree Rama Jayam.



Monday, November 1, 2010

A portrait to remember

I felt gloomy, last friday, for reasons only I can be. I had completed the trivial writing chores for the day, and was left with much free time. And that only depressed me more. Movies...music...virtual realities...nothing interested me; nothing did uplift me. I took a walk to a nearby tea shop, and even had an itch to smoke.

But as I sipped the tea, I sought my last resort, Rama.

I asked(read: pleaded) Him to make me happy. I asked Him to uplift my mind. I asked Him to give inspiration. And, know what? The Compassionate Rama did grant this speck more than what it wished...He gave Himself to me.

Yes! He inspired me to write poems. And not just that, He graciously allowed Himself to be captured through doodles—what I proudly flaunt as art, and am bold enough to share it you :-).

Now, my dear friends, behold His Grace!

When the effervescent sun was burning away the darkness,
The lethargic me was battling to be up from sleepiness.
As my uncouth mind was gravitating around worldliness,
The ignoble me was trying to remember His Holiness.

In such morning haziness,
I glimpsed the One, who is the epitome of nobleness.
I glimpsed the One, who is the embodiment of perfectness.

I was lying on a wooden cot,
Like a gullible drunkard.
Yet, I gleefully remember…
A portrait appearing out of nowhere;
The portrait of the One who is everywhere!

Clad in yellow and green,
Armed with bow and arrows that beam,
Gloriously stood my Illustrious Hero!
Adorable in bewitching blue,
Royal as ever in His own Hue.

Was it my dream?
Or just an obscure imagination?
I rarely care!
For, I saw the One, who is the source of all the happiness.

Did it last for moments?
Or vanished within a second?
I hardly bother!
For, in my heart, it’s engraved forever.

13 comments:

In Love With Krishna said...

i loved the poem, truly an example of how He can lift our spirits.
You say you were like a gullible drunkard.
Even this poem is written (atleast, it seems to me), in very high spirits. :))
The kind of high spirit that is a true blessing from Him.

KParthasarathi said...

It is a very nice poem capturing the state of your mind mind then and His revelation in your mind's eye.the sketch is good

KParthasarathi said...

It is a very nice poem capturing the state of your mind mind then and His revelation in your mind's eye.the sketch is good

nikgee said...

I rather enjoyed the poem. Feeling the power of It's words. Understanding even though I don't understand who Rama is. And it doesn't really matter. What is important is GOD is. And the center of my happiness. thank you for your thoughts.

Manivannan Sadasivam said...

#In Love With Krishna

Indeed, it was written in high spirits, my friend...the spirit that comes from drinking Rama Nama:))

Thank you for your warmful words. Am glad you like it. :)

Manivannan Sadasivam said...

#KParthasarathi

Thank you dear sir. Am happy u liked the sketch. :-)

venus66 said...

Certainly a beautiful poem and sketch. Liked both very much. God Bless.

Happy Diwali. Have a wonderful time.

Manivannan Sadasivam said...

#nikgee

Welcome dear friend. Am really glad you enjoyed the poem, even not knowing who Lord Rama is.

***What is important is GOD is. And the center of my happiness.

You certainly are right!

And that makes me think, you do know Rama...don't you?! May be, in a different name, I guess :-)

Manivannan Sadasivam said...

#venus66

Thank you for the assurance, and wishes dear sister. Am so glad u liked both.

Happy deepawali greeting to you and your loved ones. You too, have a wonderful time!

nowhereboy said...

i dunno what to write..so beautiful...liked it..
my first visit to this blog.
happy diwali
:)

Manivannan Sadasivam said...

#nowhereboy

A warm welcome to my online abode, dear friend. Am happy you like it.

Wish u and your dear ones a very happy deepawali :-)

And would like to see u often. Do keep visiting!

nikgee said...

Language, although is a brave attempt falls short to conceptualize spiritual matters. How can one put into words to justly define or describe the omnipotent creator? We do continue to try as we want to share the peace we feel in our hearts. Hoping never to limit, but to in reverence exalt GOD.....

Manivannan Sadasivam said...

#nikgee

:-)

***How can one put into words to justly define or describe the omnipotent creator?

Your questions will be answered very soon, my dear friend.

Have a great time!