About Mirror of My Self

Self is God. Self is Guru. Self is Everything.

This blessed mirror reflects nothing but the Self of my Beloved Brother, my Highest Gurudeva and my Spiritual Father. Whatever you see, read and experience in this blog are only from Him, through me, for you, my dear visitor.

This slave is taking immense pleasure in welcoming you to experience my Self in all its glories!

Shree Rama Jayam.



Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Alms I Seek

Not to be a man of limited wealthiness,
but of unlimited richness...
Is all I desire for, Shree Rama!

Not to savour the delicacies of the world,
but Thy Holy Name...
Is all I crave for, Shree Rama!

Not to enjoy the beauties of the world,
but Thy Compassionate Feet...
Is all I pray for, Shree Rama!

Not to relish the pleasures of the world,
but Thy Legends...
Is all I ask for, Shree Rama!

Not to conquer the world,
but Thy Son's Smile...
Is all I plead for, Shree Rama!

Not to roam around the world,
but rest at Thy Son's Feet...
Is all I beseech for, Shree Rama!

Not to be written in the pages of history,
but engraved in Thy Son's Heart...
Is all I cry for, Shree Rama!

Not to be renowned as Thy Devotee,
but as Thy Son's slave...
Is all I beg for, Shree Rama!
.............................................................
photo courtesy: ucc.org

5 comments:

KParthasarathi said...

The verses reflect the height of devotion to your Gurudeva and ShriRama.Very well crafted Manivannan.May be crafted is not the apt word when it is a spontaneous outpouring from the heart of a grateful devotee.
Your blog always leaves me spellbound

In Love With Krishna said...

Beautiful play with words.
The last stanza...i think what you say you don't want and what you say you want are one and the same thing...may Rama shower His blessings abundantly on you.

Whirlwind said...

Very beautiful verses Mani!! Really brings out the inner self and sincere belief!!

venus66 said...

Words are beautifully woven.
I liked it very much. God Bless.

Manivannan Sadasivam said...

#KParthasarathi, In Love With Krishna, Swetha and Venus...thank you very much, my dear friends, for your heartfelt words :-)

Shree Rama Jayam!