About Mirror of My Self

Self is God. Self is Guru. Self is Everything.

This blessed mirror reflects nothing but the Self of my Beloved Brother, my Highest Gurudeva and my Spiritual Father. Whatever you see, read and experience in this blog are only from Him, through me, for you, my dear visitor.

This slave is taking immense pleasure in welcoming you to experience my Self in all its glories!

Shree Rama Jayam.



Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Humble Guru Dakhshina



In a fit of love
For all my untoward actions
My Gracious Guru
Wielded a Blue God's Arrow
To strike me, deep.

Vanquishing the lanka-asuras, who creep
Out of my arrogance, ignorance,
And deeds, so cheap,
The Merciful Missile
Pierces my karmic heap,
Erasing the burden, I ought to reap.

Lifting from the voluptuous-valley,
I have fallen, too steep,
The Benevolent Weapon
Ruins the vile-desires that seep.

Uprooting the bondages, I keep,
The Sacred Astra
Liberates me from life's ceaseless cycle
In joy, I weep.

Mere dust from His feet
Can turn a stone into woman
Oh! Will He not transform this animal into a human?

Sheer glance of His eyes
Can reduce mountains to ashes
Oh! Will He not wipe off many lifetime's rashes?

Rama is the Compassionate Arrow
Loosened by my Beloved Guru
To efface my sorrow

Rama is the Noble Arrow
Bestowed by my Highest Guru
To raze my ego!
..........................................................
On this auspicious day of Buddha Purnima,
I am humbled and honoured to dedicate this poem
To the Lotus Feet
Of my Highest Guru & Dearest Brother,
Shri RamaBhaktha,
Shri Ramesh Sadasivam.

And
I'm grateful, Lord Rama, the most exalted one, made this happen :-)
....................................................................
Dear friends, my heartfelt Buddha Jayanti wishes to each one of you. It's a pleasure to meet you all after a long, long hiatus. And congratulate me! For, this tortoise has made it to the 50th mile. :-)

17 comments:

KParthasarathi said...

My joys are manifold.

Your return to the blog after a long gap pleases me no end.

Your crossing the 50th mile, a milestone indeed, in your exalted journey gladdens my heart.

The wonderful poem on SriRamachandra's grace for you is a great gift for the day

Your humility and gratefulness is best reflected in your homage to your Guru

May you be blessed by your ishta devatha-SriRama to achieve your aspirations.

Best wishes and regards,

Sneha said...

Welcome back mani.
Lovely poem and congrats for 50th post.:)

keep writing.:)

A New Beginning said...

Congrats on your 50th post Mani!Great to see you back!

Ayesha Parveen said...

Hi Mani :)

Great to see you back. Nice poem.

Ayesha

manivannan said...

#KParthasarathi

Sir, am touched by ur words...Thanks a lot for ur warm welcome, and heartfelt wishes :-)

manivannan said...

#Sneha

Thank u sneha :-)

Hope ur doing great!
take care :-)

manivannan said...

#A New Beginning

Nice to meet u after a long time sana :-)

Thanks for ur wishes and read!

manivannan said...

#Ayesha Parveen

Hi ayesha :-)

Thank you for dropping by...am glad to have ur comments, always :-)

take care!

Being Pramoda... said...

Hiiiiii Mani...

Welcome backkk...:) so nice to see you here once again with such a beautiful and respectful dedication to your guru..

soo nice of you and wish you all the best for another good blogging journey..

keep it up ..:)..welcome back..

Amritbir Kaur said...

Hi Mani, welcome back..and what a comeback! Your poem is a very brilliant one. The opening lines:
"In a fit of love
For all my untoward actions
My Gracious Guru
Wielded a Blue God's Arrow
To strike me, deep."
were one of the most powerful beginnings. Each line so thoughtfully filled with a lot of emotions of humility, quiet submission and devotion.
Keep creating such gems!

venus66 said...

Nice to read you after a long gap.
A wonderful dedication to your Guru.
God Bless.

venus66 said...

Hi Mani, Happy Advance Birthday. God Bless.

Creativity!! said...

Update Your Blog.

manivannan said...

Dear friends,

My sincere apologies to each one of you for not replying earlier.

#Being Pramoda...
Thanks a lot pramoda for ue warm welcome and wishes. It's nice to see u, too :-)

Hope, Shree Rama willing, I'll continue my blogging journey.

manivannan said...

#Amritbir Kaur

Thank you for dropping by Amritbir
:-)

Have a blessed time!

manivannan said...

#venus66

Thank you Venus :-)

manivannan said...

#Creativity!!

:-)