About Mirror of My Self

Self is God. Self is Guru. Self is Everything.

This blessed mirror reflects nothing but the Self of my Beloved Brother, my Highest Gurudeva and my Spiritual Father. Whatever you see, read and experience in this blog are only from Him, through me, for you, my dear visitor.

This slave is taking immense pleasure in welcoming you to experience my Self in all its glories!

Shree Rama Jayam.



Friday, November 20, 2009

A way to play


Until then, it was an umbilical cord relationship.
But the moment I was shoved into the world;
Ferocious, bare, naked,
You came inside me.
Unable to grasp, I cried;
The world rejoiced.

From that very second,
The play of duality began!

Neither could I ask why,
Nor could I bid bye;
I had to simply play,
For there is no other way!

When the mind is calm and serene,
You're like a flowing river!
When overpowered by lust or anger,
You're like an unruly brawler!

I don't have the will or the power
To have control over my thoughts.
So, I just witness your play...
And lo!
You
Still my thoughts,

Silence my mind,
And, if blessed,
Reveal the Heavenly Kingdom within.

Awake or in slumber,
Conscious or unconscious,
You never depart me
Until that Final Day
When Yama comes to slay...
For, you're my constant companion.

But...
Isn't that strange?
The more, you come in and go
The less, my life clock ticks!
The less, you come in and go
The more, my life clock ticks!

Ungrateful and unfaithful
Many a day,
Many a year,
Many a lifetime,
I forget you...

Gracious and faithful
Even, if for a jiffy,
I remember,
You bless me!

You breathe life into me.
You take life out of me.
You, my breath!

Just by watching you,
I find a way to play!
..............................................
Image Courtesy: poetrydispatch.wordpress.com

30 comments:

Anya said...

A very nice way to play !!!
Unique words today
I love it :-)
(I read it two times ....... LOL)

(@^.^@)

Mads... said...

wowww...awsumm..each of yr post outshines the other..m just amazed by yr wrk..my comments dnt seem to fit here..luvlyy thoughts..:)

A New Beginning said...

Feelings become all the more beautiful when placed into a neclace of thoughts so intricately woven that the one who reads it finds a rare connection which can never be defined.
May your thoughts always flow like a pristine river, that touches one and all with its silence yet immensely powerful presence.

venus66 said...

Words are beautifully woven. I feel it is very spiritual. Something very different from you this time.Beautiful thoughts. Thank you for sharing. God Bless.

Rush said...

You breathe life into me.
You take life out of me.

that is so correct...as much as they are blissful, they are a riot at times...im not sure if thats what u wanted to convey, but thats what i see in kids ;)

:: flyingstars :: said...

Every word touches and soothes the soul creating a ripple within to strive to reach for an unknown soul...lovely words!

Amritbir Kaur said...

Simply wonderful! It is as if you have described the entire life cycle...there is a shade of spirituality that colours the whole poem. Congrats Mani, a brilliant poem once again.

KParthasarathi said...

You write beautifully and the lines linger long after I have left the blog

Cyrus Rumi said...

Another humbling post...such resonating words...thank you brother!!!!

Namaste to you:)

Cyrus

Whirlwind said...

A very touching poem!!

Vishwanath Seshadri said...

Absolutely wonderful poem.. You are growing and glowing.. Your poems are rocking...I especially liked the words that "He blesses us even if we faithful and grateful for a moment"... superb

AJai said...

Very nice play on words there. Good read. :)

Hema. said...

Mani, wonderful. Each stanza is very brilliant. You have got a great depth and you bring out your thoughts in an amazing manner.
God Bless You. You have His Grace.

Anya said...

Have a fantastic weekend :-)

Sneha said...

Wow Awesomely awesome.:)

surjit said...

Very well written.A poem with a great depth.Thanks for sharing.
God bless.

Danielle&Hannah said...

hmmm quite reflective!

You have thought deeply.

venus66 said...

Hi Mani, how are you?
Update please.:)

WarmSunshine said...

hey mani :)
im back to blogging!

feels so good to be back!! :)

Princess said...

brilliantly said poetic words that depict life..

you are too good with words and verses.

keep inspiring..

sm said...

wonderful poem

Dew drops said...

amazing combination and concept....great thoughts bfully expressed!! way to go!!!

Dew drops said...

amazing combination and concept....great thoughts bfully expressed!! way to go!!!

venus66 said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Cyrus Rumi said...

Happy New Year!

Cyrus :)

Anya said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR
and a healthy 2010
Thanks for your friendship...
Keep blogging :-)

(@^.^@)

Amritbir Kaur said...

I was wondering what is keeping you away from your blog for so long??

Creativity!! said...

Beautiful Lines. Update Your Blog.

nikgee said...

Hello I am a new comer here.I seem to always be attracted to the sounds of poetry. Your write has left me in awe unable to say, only to watch and listen. Thank you. nikgee

Shali said...

Lovely poems.. I never knew there are such people out there. I also love writing poems. Will post some soon..