About Mirror of My Self

Self is God. Self is Guru. Self is Everything.

This blessed mirror reflects nothing but the Self of my Beloved Brother, my Highest Gurudeva and my Spiritual Father. Whatever you see, read and experience in this blog are only from Him, through me, for you, my dear visitor.

This slave is taking immense pleasure in welcoming you to experience my Self in all its glories!

Shree Rama Jayam.



Sunday, July 26, 2009

An evening with Krishna

I first read about Gaudiya Math in the autobiography of the renowned, and my favourite, Thamizh writer, Balakumaran. He narrated an incident where, as a boy, he asked a Brahmachari in the math to initiate him into 'Mantra Chanting.' The Brahmachari replied, "I don't know any mantra other than Krishna Nama. All I know is only Krishna!"

But Balakumaran was determin
ed and prayed him to initiate Krishna Nama. Touched by his persistent plea, the Brahmachari told him to come the next day morning, before sunrise. As instructed, Balakumaran went to the temple before dawn. After going around the temple many times, the Brahmachari initiated him to keep on chanting, 'Krishna! Krishna'.

After reading that incident, I was interested to visit the temple in Royapet, Chennai. One day my brother took me to the temple, and I was entranced by the divine beauty of Shree Krishna. With Shree Chaitanya Mahaprabhu by his left, and Shree Radha Ma by his right, Shree Krishna (always, the centre of attraction!), holds the flute, and smiles a bewitching smile, stealing the hearts of everyone! Helpless, I am always drawn to the temple, and would simply sit in front of him, whenever he wishes!

Yesterday, was one such fortunate day. After my office hours, I we
nt to the temple around 4 pm. This time I also had the camera with me :-). When I entered the temple, the pujari was inside the temple-womb, dressing Krishna. Silence pervaded the temple. I sat and waited eagerly to see my Krishna. A few minutes later, the screen was pulled away, revealing the glory of ever-smiling Krishna, graceful Radha ma and blissful Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. I had darshan and payed my obeisance to them.

Seeing the deities, dressed up in
dark blue made me happy. Then, I started my humble attempt of arresting the Divine Beauty with my camera.

Shree Chaitanya Mahaprabhu & Shree Radha Krishna

At His Divine Feet

Tulasi Krishna

Painting the Divine!

An artistic touch!

Sri Gauranga Prasad Brahmachari offering prasadam.

Serving hands!

Left alone!

At His Service

I sat in front of Krishna for a long time. Bhajans began. Devotees flocked in. The temple was filled with divine chants, and my heart was filled with happiness.

33 comments:

lakshmi said...

WOW Mani
reading itself brings the picture to our eyes. Nice one...

and the photos too are beautiful
(you are allowed to take pictures of the lord inside the temple is it????)

KParthasarathi said...

Immense thanks,Manivannan

Shravan | ശ്രവണ്‍ said...

mani, honestly, i didnt read the post.. coz the pics took me away.. eso the one titled left alone.. i liked it, liked it and liked it. good job done.

venus66 said...

Pictures are awesome. Thank you for the informative write.

Ayesha Parveen said...

Thank you, Mani. May Krishna's blessings be on you.

shri ramesh sadasivam said...

Adorable photography...bro! Keep it up!

Bhakti lata said...

beautiful. great photography.

Whirlwind said...

Wow. Really beautiful. Thanks for sharing this. God is truly great!!

manivannan said...

#lakshmi

Hi akka, thanks a lot for your appreciative comments. I'm glad you enjoyed the post and pics alike.

And, yes, we can take pictures of the deities in temple. In fact, the swamjis are very happy will welcome you to do so :-) Like Krishna, like devotees (he he).

Cheers!

manivannan said...

#KParthasarathi

The pleasure is all mine sir :-)

Have a nice time!

manivannan said...

#Shravan | ശ്രവണ്‍

Your honesty is much appreciated shravan, since you loved the pics... LOL! I'm glad you liked that one a lot. It's my favourite too :-)

Thanks mate!

manivannan said...

#venus66

Thank you venus. I'm happy to know that you found this post informative :-)

wishes!

manivannan said...

#Ayesha Parveen

I always feel fortunate to receive your blessings Ayesha. Thank you so much!

Take care :-)

manivannan said...

#shri ramesh sadasivam

Thank you for dropping by anna :-)

manivannan said...

#Bhakti lata

Welcome to my space Bhakti lata! I'm honoured by your visit, and am immensely glad that you liked the pics. Thank you so much for dropping by. PLzz do come again.

manivannan said...

#Whirlwind

Thank you friend. Yes, God is truly Great!

Take care :-)

Rush said...

i bet its one of the best blogposts evear!!! loved seeing krishna :)

manivannan said...

#Rush

Thank you Rush for your generous words. I'm happy you liked the post very much :-)

Cheers!

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Mani:)

Very interesting information. Lovely photos.

I am amazed at your devotion to Krishna. We all need God's blessings for everything.

Have a nice day Mani:)
Joseph

manivannan said...

#Joseph Pulikoti

Thank you sir. I'm glad you enjoyed the post :-)

warm wishes!

My World... said...

hey...
Our Krishna is sweet...aint He???
The content and the photographs are beautiful....Trust me!!!
You are simply good..
TakeCare...
rugma...

Femin Susan said...

Adorable photography... Thanks for sharing.....

manivannan said...

#My World...

true rugma...He is very sweeeeet :-)
Thanks for appreciative comment. I know u'll like it :-)

u too, take care!

manivannan said...

#Femin Susan

Thank you susan for your appreciative words.

Keep visiting :-)

Cheers!!!

workhard said...

Your article is pretty good..

And love the pics

Work from home

Amritbir Kaur said...

Your article speaks volumes of how much you cherished your visit. Nicely depicted through pictures.

manivannan said...

#workhard

Thank you dear friend. I'm glad you liked both :-)

Take care!

manivannan said...

#Amritbir Kaur

Thanks for the read friend. Yes, I always cherish such fortunate visits :-) And am really happy to have your valuable comments here!

Thanks again ;-)

?!!!@#%* said...

1. felt same as u in depicting Balakumaran incidence.

2. see the brahmachari. hopefully my heart is in sync as you.as how u seen him.

3. the comments you acknowledged also. :)

4. Blessings!

5. Both you and Ramesh! oru mudivodathan irukkeenga pola.

6. Yaru ungalai ignite pannathu, send me a private email when possible.

sahridhayan

manivannan said...

## Sahridhayan

A warm welcome sahridhayan!

It's heartening to receive a comment from someone, who can relate to that incidence just like me :-)

Thanks a lot for your blessings and encouraging words.

Ramesh is my brother, guru and my first inspiration. Other than him many Selfless Souls like Gandhi, Ramana, Bhrathi, Vallalar, patinathar, balakumaran, illaiyaraja...many many of them have inspired us. Above all, Shree Krishna himself :D

unga mail ID kudukka marathutikale...PLZ give your mail ID, I'll surely mail you.

And plzz do keep coming back :-) I'd love to have ur comments in my blog.

My mail ID is: manikrsna@gmail.com

Vishwanath Seshadri said...

What a wonderful write up and such divine pictures... thank you so much...

manivannan said...

#Vishwanath Seshadri

The pleasure is all mine brother :-) I know you'll enjoy this post a lot! Thanks a lot for dropping by and cheering me with your wonderful comments :-)

Have a very nice time!

Thilaga.I said...

wonderful words..with..beautiful photos..... very niceee..