About Mirror of My Self

Self is God. Self is Guru. Self is Everything.

This blessed mirror reflects nothing but the Self of my Beloved Brother, my Highest Gurudeva and my Spiritual Father. Whatever you see, read and experience in this blog are only from Him, through me, for you, my dear visitor.

This slave is taking immense pleasure in welcoming you to experience my Self in all its glories!

Shree Rama Jayam.



Monday, May 18, 2009

Confessions of an innocent drinker


It is my energy drink;
To beat the scorching heat
And to keep my body cool
I prefer to sip, every morning
And relish the nature’s best drink

It would break my long fast
And mostly, it would be my only breakfast

It rejuvenates my body
It refreshes my mind
It keeps me all day fresh

These are not just tag lines
Of an inexperienced copywriter
But very true lines
Of an experienced drinker

No purification guarantees
No brand ambassadors
No safety assurances
No great advertisements

It sells, on its own
Making the giants, a clown

For a good day
Have it everyday

It’s the nature’s best drink
And India’s national drink-
Tender coconut!

16 comments:

KParthasarathi said...

I guessed it right even as I read the first few lines.The disposal of the 'containers' on the roadside is a small problem.Glad you are back after a short holiday

Ayesha Parveen said...

Nice idea. It is better to drink tender-coconut water than to have tea, coffee or something even worse.

Have a nice day, Manivannan :)

A New Beginning said...

That was quite a cute poem on mR. coconut!It indeed is healthy, gives your day a jump start!:)
Thanks Mani!

venus66 said...

Very thoughtful poem.A good idea too.

WarmSunshine said...

hi buddy :)

that was really cute!!

come over my blog, i have a news for you all ;)

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Mani:)

I got a nice little surprise at the end of the poem.

All along I was thinking you are talking of drinking hard liquor. But then I was thinking why any one should drink hard liquor in the morning. As the poetry progressed, I was thinking that you are writing what all drunkard say that they could not start the day without a drink.

The end was a great surprise. You are talking of coconut water. Fantastic, amazing poetry. For me it was a thriller.

Have a nice day Mani:)
Joseph

The Pink Orchid said...

i didnt have a clue till the end what was it buddy.. i have a never read a poem about tender coconut.. it was very innovative..

Shravan | ശ്രവണ്‍ said...

lolz mani.. missed reading it.. now that i am returning home, i can read and comment :D

just lolz for that. u made me guess all brans i know :D

manivannan said...

#KParthasarathi#

Hi sir,

Instinct, ah? I'm happy you guessed it right :-)

But I think, when compared to cola tins, disposing tender coconuts' is not a problem. Mostly road side vendors keep the coconuts with themselves and use it for various other purposes. BTW, sir, what u mentioned was tender coconut container's, right?

manivannan said...

#Ayesha Parveen#

Very true Ayesha ji...when compared to other beverages tender coconut is a great choice :-)

Thanks for the read.

*smiles*

manivannan said...

#A New Beginning#

The pleasure is all mine sana :D. Thanks a lot for the read. I happy you liked it :-)

Take care!

manivannan said...

#venus66#

Thank you venus :)

manivannan said...

#WarmSunshine#

Hi Mehreen :)

Nice to read your comments. I'm happy you liked this poem. And 'yes' that indeed was a great news for us all :-)

Take care friend!

manivannan said...

# Joseph Pulikotil #

hi sir,

Many many thanks for reading the poem and sharing your thoughts while reading it. I have to say a *BIG WOW* to your comments, because you just enjoy the way, I expect my readers to enjoy this poem. In that your comments are always *special* to me :)

you too, have a good day :)

manivannan said...

#The Pink Orchid#

Namaste friend!

Firstly, a warm welcome to my virtual home:) I am happy you enjoyed this poem about tender coconut...thanks a lot for your appreciative comment.

Wish to see you again :)

*smiles & wishes*

manivannan said...

Shravan | ശ്രവണ്‍

Hi shravan :)

no issues...now that you returned home, I'm happy :D And always be at Home, so that we can keep reading you more :D

I'm glad to know you have made some wild guesses :D And thanks a ton for the comment friend :)

have a wonderful weekend!