About Mirror of My Self

Self is God. Self is Guru. Self is Everything.

This blessed mirror reflects nothing but the Self of my Beloved Brother, my Highest Gurudeva and my Spiritual Father. Whatever you see, read and experience in this blog are only from Him, through me, for you, my dear visitor.

This slave is taking immense pleasure in welcoming you to experience my Self in all its glories!

Shree Rama Jayam.



Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Why didn't I blog?

Why didn't I blog for nearly a month? Why didn't I write anything? Why didn't I visit blogville???

Yesterday night I was thinking about it as I was walking in a deserted street, lit by neon bulbs. Except for the barking dogs, the street was silent. A giant gate and a few flowers caught my sight. Bereft of a camera, I froze the moment in my heart.



White flowers

Strewn
In front of a locked gate

Gosh! I got a Haiku [Please tell me how is it?]. I was happy :). As I wrote it down in my journal, I felt these lines somehow reflected the past few days of my life.

Evening sun. Humming birds. Krishna's smile. Cool breeze. Star lit sky. Naughty squirrels. Innocent eyes. Kabir's poems. Fragrant flowers. Dry leaves. Lonely trees. Wanning moon. Pregnant clouds. Ilaiyaraaja's melodies. Silent nights.

Every second, life was happening in front of me. But I remained as a locked gate.

....................................................................................................................

[Image Courtesy: http://gallery.twbbs.org/album126/23 ]

12 comments:

Sneha said...

very nice,sweet and lovely.:)

Princess said...

oooh so sweet..
both the pic and the haiku ;)

keep writing and keep walking through nature.

venus66 said...

Beautiful Haiku. Write more.:)

pritha said...

Too good phrasing na!! its a pleasant treat!!

looong time speaking to you!! how you??? how are things up to your side???

Take Care na!!

Wishes & prayers!!

manivannan said...

# Sneha #

Thanks for the sweet words my friend :) I'm happy you enjoyed it.

Cheers!

manivannan said...

# Princess #

Thank you princess :) I really love doing both...but the closeness of Mother Nature is what I truly miss in city life :(

manivannan said...

#venus66#

Hi venus!

Will surely do...Thanks for the encouraging comment :)

manivannan said...

# pritha #

Thanks a lot my sweet sister :)

Yeah it's really been a long time since we talked...I'm fine. life is going good, at least I think so:D

I hope you are doing well. You too, take care!

*smiles & wishes*

venus66 said...

Hi Mani, thank you so much for your kind words. I am glad that you visited me. I am fine as always. The poems I wrote just some experiences that I went through.
I believe you are fine there by the grace of God. Take care.

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Man:)

It enthralling to read what you write.

Evey single word has beauty in built in it. You are creating word pictures with extraordinary perfection and skill of a great artist. Picasso painted pictures with a brush but you paint beautiful pictures with simple words.

"I froze the moment in my heart." Simply beautiful. Leaves me speech less!

I enjoyed this post tremendously.

Have a nice day Mani:)
Joseph

manivannan said...

#venus66#

The pleasure is all mine venus :)I always find your poems very soulful. And I'm happy to know you're doing well. As you have said by God's Grace, I'm fine.

Thanks a lot for your kind regards and wishes :)

Have a happy weekend!

manivannan said...

# Joseph Pulikotil #

Hi sir,

I am so glad that you enjoyed this post...reading your comments made me feel humble...that was too generous of you to make such a comparison sir.

As always, your words encourage me to write more. Thanks a lot!

You too, have a great weekend :)