About Mirror of My Self

Self is God. Self is Guru. Self is Everything.

This blessed mirror reflects nothing but the Self of my Beloved Brother, my Highest Gurudeva and my Spiritual Father. Whatever you see, read and experience in this blog are only from Him, through me, for you, my dear visitor.

This slave is taking immense pleasure in welcoming you to experience my Self in all its glories!

Shree Rama Jayam.



Sunday, March 8, 2009

A journey to the Divine Abode!

On a Friday morning, the desire grew in me. Through out the day, I was pondering about it. In the night, I told my brother. The next day we were up with the larks. And before the Sun began its noble endevour, we began our journey; our journey to the Divine Abode of Lord Venkateshwara, the destroyer of all sins.

The walk from Tirupathi to Tirumala is an exhilarating experience by itself. We are gifted with pristine air, herbal water, vibrant temples, spectacular sights and divine chants, all the way uphill.

On the way, the 'visual eye
' in me was also awakened :) The result... Need I say?

Pranams to the divine within you...

Entering the sanctum...

A tired soul(?!)

A sunset...

At His Holy Feet
The Universe is His playful feat
You and I are from His beat
Know this, then life will become a joyful retreat!

Now, please say, how is my visual treat?

24 comments:

Ayesha Parveen said...

Beautiful pictures, Manivannan.
Thanks and best wishes.

Hare Krishna!

venus66 said...

Wonderful pictures. Good effort. May God bless you and your brother. Take care my friend.

lakshmi said...

So nice you could follow the desire and get the darshan of the Lord.
And the pictures really are beautiful. Thanks Mani

shri ramesh sadasivam said...

Hi Mani, A nice record of the exhilarating journey we had to Thirupathi. Nice poem, :)

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Mani :)

The photos are incredible. It looks like you and your brother Ramesh share the same interests and are experts in photographic skills.

You are very talented and write excellent poetry.

You must have truly enjoyed the visit to the Lord and received HIS abundant blessings.

Many thanks for sharing this exhilarating, inspiring and holy trip to Thirupathi,the richest temple and the abode of the most favorite God in India.

I have been to Sabarimala and one day I would like to visit Thirupathi. Many thanks for evoking that interest in me.

Best wishes :)

Sneha said...

Beautiful pics mani.
Nice poem
Take care my friend.
have a nice day.:)

WarmSunshine said...

nice pictures

seems like a relaxing and calming experience :)

good day my frnd!

manivannan said...

@ Ayesha Parveen


Thank you Ayesha for your comment and wishes :)

Hare Krishna!

manivannan said...

# venus66

Thanks a lot Venus.Your blessings is what we need the most :)

Wishes!

manivannan said...

# lakshmi

It was His Grace to fulfill my desire :) Much thanx lakshmi. I'm glad you liked them.

Smiles and wishes!

manivannan said...

# shri ramesh sadasivam

Thanx na. I know you will like the poem 'na :)

manivannan said...

# Joseph Pulikotil

Many many thanks for your encouraging comments sir. I am always motivated by your words.

And Yes my brother and I mostly have the same interests. In fact I am mostly inspired by him :)

I am happy to know that you have been to Sabarimala sir. Even I have been there once. And I would really welcome you to go to Tirupathi. It will soothe and energize your body and mind, and will uplift your soul...

And if this post has evoked the interest in you...that's it, the purpose of this post is fulfilled!

manivannan said...

# Sneha

Thanks a ton Sneha. Glad to know you liked both :)

You too, take care :)

manivannan said...

@ WarmSunshine

Hey...mehereen, am happy to see you after a long time. I hope you are doing good :)

Yeah..it indeed was a very peaceful experience :)

Take care!

KParthasarathi said...

The visual treat is a feast for the eyes.Thanks

manivannan said...

# KParthasarathi

Thank you sir :)

pritha said...

good pics na!! and good poetry!! i was not able to login to read the blog!! so my comment was little delayed!!

Good bless you!!

Keep Writing & rocking as always!!!

manivannan said...

# pritha

Absolutely no issues pabitha... I'm happy you found time to read my posts :)

Thanks a ton for your blessings and encouragement... I need them the most :)

*Take care*

My wOrLd... said...

hey....
the snaps are well clicked....
God is the only energy we can rest on when there is no one beside ahead or behind us....going to visit God gives us the feeling that "I am I"....
i was not into blogging for a while....just a break....hope i can gather the withered peices of myself and get back to blogging...
take care....
keep blogging...
have fun!!!

A New Beginning said...

Beautiful snaps!All the very best to you.

manivannan said...

# My wOrLd...

Thanx rugma. I wish you gather your withered pieces [That's really poetic!] soon and be back to blogging my friend :)

*smiles and wishes*

manivannan said...

# A New Beginning

Thanks sana. Nice to see you here :)

*Take care*

Princess said...

awesome shots there.. each with a life in itself..

manivannan said...

# Princess #

Thank a lot Aiz...I'm glad you liked them.

Take care!