About Mirror of My Self

Self is God. Self is Guru. Self is Everything.

This blessed mirror reflects nothing but the Self of my Beloved Brother, my Highest Gurudeva and my Spiritual Father. Whatever you see, read and experience in this blog are only from Him, through me, for you, my dear visitor.

This slave is taking immense pleasure in welcoming you to experience my Self in all its glories!

Shree Rama Jayam.



Thursday, January 8, 2009

Rumblings of a neglected soul

I'm always with you...

But forever you're after others....


I'm yearning for your love...

But you crave for trivial things...


I'm pining for eternal union...

But you wish temporal affairs...


I'm your happiness...

But you seek it elsewhere...


I'm expecting you for eons...

Yet, you never come to me...


I'm your doting mother...

You forsake me


I'm your loving father...

You abandon me


I'm your faithful partner....

You betray me


I'm your dearest friend...

You distrust me


I'm your loyal servant...

You dismiss me


I'm there to care you...

You never look upon me


I'm there to lead you...

You never follow me


I'm there to serve you...

You never accept me


I'm there to protect you...

But, foolishly, you wage war for my protection


I'm Rama

I'm Allah

I'm Krishna

I'm Christ

I'm Buddha

I'm The Enlightened One


I'm within you...


Waiting for you...

Longing for you..

Yearning for you...

15 comments:

WarmSunshine said...

beautiful.....

it's soooo soulful....

speechless!

My wOrLd... said...

Amazing yaar... Its really nice... You understood GOD like it is some one who is in real... I mean, GOD is with and within each one of us.. But, I really felt that it was a person you are talking about.. You wrote it like that.. So touching.. I appreciate it.. Good going.. Keep going.. GOD BLESS YOU.. Take care..

Ayesha Parveen said...

This is one of the most beautiful poems I have read in months. You have composed it with a lot of spiritual energy. All human relationships on earth happen because God reaches out to us using them as media. So, in a deep sense, we can say to God,"twameva maataa, ja pitaa twameva; twameva bandhu, ja sakhaa twameva.....twameva sarvam, mama deva-deva." My best wishes to you.

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Mani :)

Mind blowing thoughts!
Creativity of the highest order! Master of word play!
Deep insight!
Inspired writing!
Revelation of the mystery of God, Our Creator!

I can go on and on because you are such a wonderful writer and I am amazed at the way you play with simple words to produce a masterpiece. Great talent!

It is true that different people call God in different names. We are only following different paths to reach our Creator.

Bertrand Russell said that a person born in a Hindu family becomes a Hindu, a person born in a Christian family becomes a Christian and a person born in a Buddhist family becomes a Buddhist and so on. Hence, the divisions, difference of opinion, misunderstandings all over the world.

If everyone thinks like you, there will be unity, happiness and universal brotherhood.
All the barriers to promote friendship, harmony, peace and goodwill will vanish.

Many, many thanks for sharing your lovely thoughts

Sneha said...

Awesome!!!
have a nice day.:)

manivannan said...

Thank you Mehreen, Rugma, Ayesha, Joesph Sir and Sneha for your generous and appreciative comments. It's purely through God's grace it happened. So all your appreciations goes to Him :)

Once again a lot of thanks to all of you... your comments mean a lot to me.

Have a great time :)

And Ayesha can you pls translate the Sanskrit verse in English. Though I understood its essence, I would like to know the exact meaning. Thanx for sharing it.

shri ramesh sadasivam said...

Excellent poem Mani. When I read this poem before you put it in the blog I was amazed by your creative talent. Now I am
overwhelmed by the response and appreciation you've got. Great. Keep it up.

Shravan said...

great.. seems like you are pretty much devoted :) good luck.

manivannan said...

@ shri ramesh sadasivam

Thanx 'na. I am really happy you liked it.

@ Shravan

:)Do you sense so? Much thanx for your read. Take care.

pritha said...

excellent piece of writing na!!
it is soulful!! filled with spiritual energy!!

God bless you na!! take care!!

manivannan said...

Thank you so much pabitha for encouraging comment and blessings. May God be with you. I'm really glad you liked it.

And why no updates in your blog? Busy? Waiting for your next post.

*smiles and wishes*

Kat said...

What profound thoughts at this young age. God bless you Mani.

manivannan said...

# Kat

Thanks a lot Kat... your blessings is all I want :)

DONNA said...

am well what can I say.. U said it all!!!!
Man that was a real complete in itself poem... really a summary of what is the true picture of a human mind rite now...
gr8 work!!! :)

manivannan said...

#DONNA

Hi donna!

Welcome here! Much thanks for your visit and appreciative comment. After reading your posts, I just felt like sharing this poem with you. I'm glad you liked it friend :-)

And special thanks for *cheering me* up! Keep coming back!