About Mirror of My Self

Self is God. Self is Guru. Self is Everything.

This blessed mirror reflects nothing but the Self of my Beloved Brother, my Highest Gurudeva and my Spiritual Father. Whatever you see, read and experience in this blog are only from Him, through me, for you, my dear visitor.

This slave is taking immense pleasure in welcoming you to experience my Self in all its glories!

Shree Rama Jayam.



Tuesday, November 18, 2008

If I have not love...


Though I speak with the tongues of angels
If I have not love...
My worlds would echo like a gong, and a clanging cymbal
And though I have the gift of prophecy
And understand all mysteries
And though I have all faith
So that I could move mountains
If I have not love...
I am nothing.

Love is patient, full of goodness,
Love tolerates all things, aspires to all things
Love never dies.

While the prophecies shall cease
Tongues shall be silenced
Knowledge shall fade
Thus then shall remain only
Faith, hope and love
But, the greatest of these...
is love.

I loved this wonderful song of love featured in the finale of the French film Blue, directed by master director Krzysztof Kieslowski. Beautifully composed by Zbigniew Preisner, and sung in Greek, this Song for Unification of Europe is an abridged version of C1 Corinthians 13:1-13.


To read the full version click here.
To watch and listen the song, click here.

17 comments:

Art and Poetry said...

It is a lovely poem reminds me of the old poetry of the Romantics!

Kat said...

A powerful poem on Love, Mani.
I loved it..!!

manivannan said...

Thank you Nick and Kat.I am happy you loved it.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Yes, that's one of my favorite Bible verses. Thanks for featuring it here. God bless.

manivannan said...

Thanks Mel! Glad to know it's one of your favourite verses.

Sneha said...

beautiful lies.
Thanks for sharing.

manivannan said...

Thanks for the comment Sneha.

Princess said...

so true..

manivannan said...

:) thanks for the visit Princess.

venus66 said...

Hi Mani, thanks for your visit and kind words.
You have a lovely blog and this poem on Love is lovely. Write more of this kind. Take care.:)

manivannan said...

Hi Venus,

Welcome here! Thanks for your visit, comment and encouragement :)

WarmSunshine said...

Hi Manivannan

This was surely beautiful.... We all are nothing without love... so true :)

You have a nice blog... following you :)

manivannan said...

Hi Mehreen,

Welcome here! Ya.. we're nothing without love :)

I'm surprised, and am really glad to have you as a follower :))

Thanks for cheering me :)

Ghost Particle said...

hi sir.

the trilogy seems quite good, i must get them one day.

thank you for sharing the song, its very nice.

manivannan said...

Hi brother,

I'm happy you liked it. Yeah...the trilogy is really great. I loved all the three movies.

Wish you get them soon.

Thanks for the comment and for cheering me :))

Shravan said...

:)

manivannan said...

Smiley welcome my friend :)